The 1.6-liter 16-valve Daewoo A16DMS engine was produced by the company from 1997 to 2002 and was installed on several fairly popular models, such as Lanos, Tacuma, Nubira. This power unit, after modernization in 2002, received a completely different index F16D3.
The MS series also includes: A15SMS.
|Power output, hp||105|
|Torque output, Nm||145|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Daewoo Nubira 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Daewoo Lanos 1 (T100) in 1997 – 2002;
- Daewoo Nubira 1 (J100) in 1997 – 2002;
- Daewoo Tacuma in 2000 – 2002.
Disadvantages of the Daewoo A16DMS engine
- The most notorious problem with this engine is the numerous oil leaks.
- Also often the cause of ignition failures is the ingress of oil into the candle wells.
- The timing belt changes every 60,000 km or if it breaks, the valves will bend 100%.
- The injectors do not like bad fuel and quickly clog, which causes engine tripping.
- They have a small resource here: thermostat, pump and high-voltage wires.