The 1.5-liter 16-valve Daewoo A15MF engine was produced by the company from 1994 to 2008 and was installed on a number of popular models of the Korean concern, such as Nexia and Espero. The power unit officially appeared in some automotive markets only after 2002.
The MF series also includes: G15MF.
|Power output, hp||85 – 90|
|Torque output, Nm||130 – 137|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.5|
|Compression ratio||9.2 – 9.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 1/2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Daewoo Nexia 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Daewoo Nexia in 1994 – 2008;
- Daewoo Espero in 1995 – 1999.
Disadvantages of the Daewoo A15MF engine
- Most of the problems with this engine are due to its poor maintenance;
- Low-quality oil or its rare replacement quickly affects hydraulic lifters;
- The most common engine failure is the failure of one of the sensors;
- The timing belt resource is approximately 60,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend 100%;
- Many are faced with leaks from under the valve cover gasket and oil pan.