The 1.5-liter 8-valve Daewoo G15MF engine was produced by the concern from 1994 to 2008 and was installed on the most massive Nexia model and for some time on Espero. This power unit has become widespread in some automotive markets.
The MF series also includes: A15MF.
|Power output, hp||75|
|Torque output, Nm||120|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.7|
|Euro standards||EURO 1/2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Daewoo Nexia 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Daewoo Nexia in 1994 – 2008;
- Daewoo Espero in 1994 – 1997.
Disadvantages of the Daewoo G15MF engine
- This quite reliable power unit most often suffers from poor maintenance;
- Poor quality oil and its rare replacement leads to rapid wear of the camshaft;
- The weak point of the motor is the ignition distributor with a magnetoelectric sensor;
- The timing belt runs 60,000 km, if it breaks, it will bend the valves only at high speeds;
- Often there are oil leaks from under the valve cover gasket and oil pan.