The Cummins 6ISBe engine is a 4-stroke diesel engine with 6 cylinders in a row, which is a rather unusual design solution for engines of this class. It is considered the quietest engine in the series.
Thanks to the improved Common Rail fuel system, the fuel injection pressure is independent of the engine speed. This improves ride performance, reduces noise and improves cold start. Also, thanks to this system, Cummins 6ISBe consumes less diesel fuel compared to analogues. The presence of a turbocharger significantly improves engine performance, increases power with economical fuel consumption.
In a number of design and technological solutions, 6ISBe is similar to the previous generation Cummins B-series engines. The letter “e” in the designation indicates that it is designed for Europe.
The cylinder block is a single cast structure, there are no liners, this is what affects the durability and comfort during operation. To increase the performance parameters, a VGT turbocharger is installed, which, in addition to the main function, contributes to fuel economy when operating at full power.
Engine range 6ISBe
|Engine||Maximum displacement, cc||Torque output, Nm / rpm||Euro standards|
|6ISBe 210||210 (155) / 2500||773 / 1700||Euro 3, Euro 4|
|6ISBe 245||245 (178) / 2500||950 / 1400||Euro 3, Euro 4|
|6ISBe 270||270 (188) / 2300||970 / 1400||Euro 3, Euro 4|
|6ISBe 285||285 (210) / 2500||970 / 1700||Euro 3, Euro 4|
|6ISBe 300||300 (221) / 2500||1100 / 1200-1700||Euro 3, Euro 4|
Specifications 6ISBe 300
|Manufacturer||Cummins Inc. or PJSC “KamAZ” with the participation Cummins Kama|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Cylinder bore, mm||107|
|Piston stroke, mm||124|
|Displacement||221 kW / 300 hp at 2500 rpm|
|Torque output||1100 Nm at 1200-1700 rpm|
|Euro standards||4 (96-02)|
|Turbine||Turbocharged with subsequent cooling|
|Weight, net / gross||410 / 512 kg|
|Cummins 6ISBe 210||KavZ: 4238-01; 4238-02; 4238-05; KamAZ: 4308; 43253; 43255|
|Cummins 6ISBe 234||LiAZ 5256-01|
|Cummins 6ISBe 245||KamAZ: 4308, 43253, 43255|
|Cummins 6ISBe 245-B||LiAZ: 5256; 5256-01|
|Cummins 6ISBe 270||NefAZ: 5297; 5299-10-32; 5299-20-32; 5299-30-32; 5299-11-32
NefAZ: 5299-17-32; 5299-37-32
|Cummins 6ISBe 270-B||NefAZ: 5299-10-32; 5299-20-32; 5299-30-32; 5299-11-32; 5299-37-32; 5299-37-32; 5299-17-32
Volzhanin: 52701; 52702
Michurinsky: 42191; 42191-01; 5277
|Cummins 6ISBe 285||KamAZ: 65115; 65116; 65117|
|Cummins 6ISBe 300||KamAZ: 4308; 43253; 43255;
|Other cars:||Higer KLQ-6885-Q (Bus);
AVIA; D60; D75; D80; D85; D90; D100; D110; D12
Error codes Cummins 4ISBe
- 111 – Internal failure of the ECM. This DTC can only occur if there is a problem inside the ECM. The ECM cannot be repaired.
- 115 – Malfunction of the camshaft position sensor. The ECM detects that the signal inputs of the crankshaft position and camshaft position sensors are reversed.
- 122 – Malfunction of the turbine pressure sensor. The ECM determines that the intake manifold pressure sensor signal voltage has been greater than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.
- 123 – Intake manifold pressure sensor circuit – voltage below normal or short circuit. The ECM determines that the intake manifold pressure sensor signal voltage is less than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.
- 124 – High pressure in the intake manifold. This DTC becomes active when the intake manifold pressure exceeds the maximum allowable value for a given engine power rating.
- 131 – Malfunction of the gas pedal throttle. The ECM detects that the accelerator pedal position sensor signal voltage has been greater than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.
- 132 – Low voltage detected in the pedal or accelerator lever sensor circuit. An open in the signal, power, or ground circuit of the accelerator position sensor in the wiring harness or connectors.
- 133 – High voltage detected in the remote control pedal position sensor or accelerator lever circuit Short circuit in the signal circuit of the remote control accelerator position sensor to positive or to the +5 V power supply circuit.
- 134 – Low voltage detected in the pedal or accelerator lever sensor circuit of the remote control. The remote control accelerator position sensor signal circuit is shorted to engine ground or ground in the OEM wiring harness or sensor. Potential open circuit in the signal circuit wiring, power circuit, or ground circuit for the remote accelerator position sensor in the wiring harness or connectors.
- 135 – Malfunction of the oil pressure sensor. If the DTC only appears in cold weather, wait for the oil to warm up.
- 141 – Low signal voltage or open circuit detected in the oil pressure sensor circuit. The ECM detects that the oil pressure sensor signal voltage is less than 0.25 VDC for more than 16 seconds.
- 143 – Low engine oil pressure. The engine oil pressure sensor is located on the left side of the cylinder block.
- 144 – High signal voltage or open circuit detected in the coolant temperature sensor circuit. The ECM detects that the coolant temperature sensor signal voltage is greater than 5.13 VDC for more than 1 second.
- 145 – Faulty coolant temperature sensor Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor. The signal circuit may be shorted to ground in the wiring harness or sensor.
- 153 – A high signal voltage has been detected in the intake manifold temperature sensor circuit. The ECM detects that the intake manifold temperature sensor signal voltage has been greater than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.