The Cummins 4ISBe is a 4-cylinder engine with a high output of 210 hp, which provides the highest power-to-weight ratio in its class. In addition, the engine develops a torque of up to 700 Nm. The optimized engine and exhaust aftertreatment system significantly reduces fuel consumption and extends service intervals. The letter “e” in the designation indicates that it is designed for Europe.
Euro 4 emissions compliant with Cummins Integrated Emission Management (IEM) using Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (ERG) technology.
The new Electronic Control Module (ECM) maintains an optimal balance between load requirements, fuel efficiency and emission control. It is designed to be isolated from harmful thermal and vibration loads for exceptional reliability and durability.
Common Rail System – operates at higher pressures and provides more precise control of the combustion process. Capable of delivering injection pressures up to 1600 bar for precise and fast power delivery, reduced noise and improved cold start
Rear Engine PTO (REPTO) – Suitable for applications such as concrete mixers thanks to its 400 Nm drive capacity.
The 4ISBe185 Cummins diesel engine with a volume of 4.5 liters is produced for various commercial vehicles of small and medium tonnage. There are modifications for the KAMAZ truck and for bus vehicles. The difference in the flywheel housing, under the gearbox ZF 9 or ZF 6. Environmental class Euro-3, later issues: Euro-4 and Euro-5. The engine is quiet, with low fuel consumption, sufficient power and torque. A car with this engine has a fast acceleration.
Engine range 4ISBe
|Engine||Maximum displacement, cc||Torque output, Nm / rpm||Euro standards|
|4ISBe 140||140 (103) / 2700||450 / 1000-1700||Euro 3|
|4ISBe 160||160 (118) / 2500||600 / 1200-1700||Euro 3, Euro 4|
|4ISBe 185||183 (136) / 2500||650 / 1200-1700||Euro 3|
|4ISBe 200||200 (147) / 2700||550 / 1200-1700||Euro 3|
|4ISBe 140||140 (103) / 2500||550 / 1200-1700||Euro 4|
|4ISBe 185||185 (136) / 2500||700 / 1200-1700||Euro 4|
Specifications 4ISBe 185
|Manufacturer||Cummins Inc. or PJSC “KamAZ” with the participation Cummins Kama|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Cylinder bore, mm||107|
|Piston stroke, mm||124|
|Displacement||136 kW / 185 hp at 2500 rpm|
|Torque output||700 Nm at 1200-1700 rpm|
|Euro standards||4 (49-05B1(С))|
|Turbine||Turbocharged with subsequent cooling|
|Dimensions, m (LxWxH)||0.82*0.80*0.74|
|Installed||Trucks KamAZ (4308, 43253, 43255, 5308, 53605, 65115, 65117), bus and special vehicles|
Error codes Cummins 4ISBe
- 111 – Internal failure of the ECM. This DTC can only occur if there is a problem inside the ECM. The ECM cannot be repaired.
- 115 – Malfunction of the camshaft position sensor. The ECM detects that the signal inputs of the crankshaft position and camshaft position sensors are reversed.
- 122 – Malfunction of the turbine pressure sensor. The ECM determines that the intake manifold pressure sensor signal voltage has been greater than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.
- 123 – Intake manifold pressure sensor circuit – voltage below normal or short circuit. The ECM determines that the intake manifold pressure sensor signal voltage is less than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.
- 124 – High pressure in the intake manifold. This DTC becomes active when the intake manifold pressure exceeds the maximum allowable value for a given engine power rating.
- 131 – Malfunction of the gas pedal throttle. The ECM detects that the accelerator pedal position sensor signal voltage has been greater than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.
- 132 – Low voltage detected in the pedal or accelerator lever sensor circuit. An open in the signal, power, or ground circuit of the accelerator position sensor in the wiring harness or connectors.
- 133 – High voltage detected in the remote control pedal position sensor or accelerator lever circuit Short circuit in the signal circuit of the remote control accelerator position sensor to positive or to the +5 V power supply circuit.
- 134 – Low voltage detected in the pedal or accelerator lever sensor circuit of the remote control. The remote control accelerator position sensor signal circuit is shorted to engine ground or ground in the OEM wiring harness or sensor. Potential open circuit in the signal circuit wiring, power circuit, or ground circuit for the remote accelerator position sensor in the wiring harness or connectors.
- 135 – Malfunction of the oil pressure sensor. If the DTC only appears in cold weather, wait for the oil to warm up.
- 141 – Low signal voltage or open circuit detected in the oil pressure sensor circuit. The ECM detects that the oil pressure sensor signal voltage is less than 0.25 VDC for more than 16 seconds.
- 143 – Low engine oil pressure. The engine oil pressure sensor is located on the left side of the cylinder block.
- 144 – High signal voltage or open circuit detected in the coolant temperature sensor circuit. The ECM detects that the coolant temperature sensor signal voltage is greater than 5.13 VDC for more than 1 second.
- 145 – Faulty coolant temperature sensor Faulty engine coolant temperature sensor. The signal circuit may be shorted to ground in the wiring harness or sensor.
- 153 – A high signal voltage has been detected in the intake manifold temperature sensor circuit. The ECM detects that the intake manifold temperature sensor signal voltage has been greater than the calibrated value for more than 1 second.