The 2.5-liter Volkswagen BJK or Crafter 2.5 TDI engine was produced from 2006 to 2010 and was installed only on the first generation of the popular Crafter minibus. After upgrading to more stringent EURO 5 environmental standards, such a diesel engine changed its index to CEBB.
The EA381 series also includes: CN, AAS, AAT, 1T, AEL, AHD, BJK.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||109|
|Torque output, Nm||280|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 10v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||9.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volkswagen Crafter 2007)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Crafter 1 (2E) in 2006 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the VW BJK engine
- The CR Bosch fuel system with piezo injectors is demanding on fuel quality;
- Saving on oil here greatly reduces the life of the turbine and hydraulic lifters;
- The motor is rather cold, in winter water condensate often freezes in the engine breather;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, or if it breaks in the engine, the valves will bend;
- Also, antifreeze leaks along the flanges and grease from the seals are very common.