The 3.5-liter Toyota 1PZ diesel engine was produced by the company from 1990 to 1993 and was installed on the popular Land Cruiser 70 all-wheel drive SUV. This unit is also found on the Coaster passenger bus in the twentieth body.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Land Cruiser 70 (J70) in 1990 – 1993;
- Toyota Coaster 2 (B20) in 1990 – 1993.
|Fuel system||vortex chamber IDI|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||230|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||cast iron 10v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||94|
|Piston stroke, mm||100|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||9.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 1|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Land Cruiser 70 1993)
|Engine lifespan, km||~500 000|
Disadvantages of the Toyota 1PZ engine
- Outstanding reliability unit does not have any typical problems;
- Approximately once every 100,000 km in the engine, the timing belt needs to be replaced;
- Since there are no hydraulic compensators, the thermal clearances of the valves must be adjusted.