The 4.8-liter Porsche M48.01 gasoline engine was produced by the concern from 2007 to 2010 and was installed on the Cayenne crossover in the back of the 957 or a restyled version of the first generation. The unit existed in two degrees of forcing: for the S version with 385 hp and for the GTS with 405 hp.
Engines of M48-line: M48.00, M48.50, M48.01, M48.51, M48.70.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||385 – 405|
|Torque output, Nm||500|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||96|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Phase regulator||on the intake shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Porsche Cayenne S 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Porsche Cayenne 1 (9PA) in 2007 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the Porsche M48.01 engine
- Seizures in the cylinders are less common here than in their predecessor, but there are also;
- Bad oil or gasoline is to blame, as well as overheating or driving on a cold engine;
- A lot of trouble is associated with antifreeze leaks from burst pipes or a tank;
- Often the injection pump of the direct injection system and the fuel pump in the tank fail;
- The weak points of the engine include ignition coils, thermostat, pump, vacuum pump.