The 0.7-liter 3-cylinder Mitsubishi 3B20 engine was produced in Japan from 2006 to 2020 and was installed on the eK Custom, eK Space, eK Wagon and similar Nissan Dayz and Dayz Roox kei cars. This power unit exists in two generations: for the i model and for the eK family of kei cars.
The 3B2 family also includes engines: 3B20T, 3B21 and 3B21T.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi i 1 (HA1) in 2006 – 2013;
- Mitsubishi eK Custom 1 (B11) in 2013 – 2019;
- Mitsubishi eK Space 1 (B11) in 2014 – 2020;
- Mitsubishi eK Wagon 1 (B11) in 2013 – 2019;
- Nissan Dayz 1 (B21) in 2013 – 2019;
- Nissan Dayz Roox 1 (B21) in 2014 – 2020.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||49 – 52|
|Torque output, Nm||56 – 59|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||65.4|
|Piston stroke, mm||65.4|
|Compression ratio||10.8 – 12.0|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi eK Custom 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
|Weight, kg||67 (without attachments)|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 3B20 engine
- For such a volume, this unit is quite reliable and serves up to 200,000 km without problems.
- On long runs, oil consumption or timing chain stretching is often encountered.
- Keep the cooling system clean, from any overheating here leads the head.
- Hardened o-rings can cause grease to seep into spark plug wells.
- There are no hydraulic lifters and valve clearances will have to be adjusted every 100,000 km.
1 thought on “Engine Mitsubishi 3B20”
Hello, what is the intake and exhaust valve clearance on this engine?