The 12-liter OM 457 engine series includes 3 powerful and economical engines – 315 kW (428 HP), 295 kW (401 HP) and 260 kW (354 HP) The OM457LA engine complies with the EURO emission class -five. It has an excellent balance of high power, fuel efficiency and motor life, reaching 1 million km.
Maximum torque is achieved at low revs, corresponding to low specific engine consumption, which results in high fuel efficiency. Electronically controlled injectors allow fuel to be injected at a higher pressure, which has a positive effect on the combustion efficiency.
|Also called||OM 457|
|Start of production||2003|
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Piston stroke, mm||155|
|Cylinder bore, mm||128|
|Power output, hp||354/2000
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||1600/1100
|Euro standards||Euro 5|
|Weight, kg||1045 (dry)|
|Max normal engine operating temperature, °C||100|
|Engine lifespan, km
— official information
All Mercedes-Benz Axor powertrains, thanks to BlueTec technology and the Telligent service system, comply with the strictest emission standards – including Euro 5. The Telligent engine management system with injection pressures up to 2300 bar ensures optimized fuel combustion.
Features of the Daimler OM-457LA motor:
- outlet gas aftertreatment system – reduces emissions and improves fuel efficiency;
- an electronic fuel delivery system that includes electronically controlled injectors that inject fuel at high pressure for more complete combustion. This system has a positive effect on economy and productivity;
- Blue Tec fuel economy technology;
- direct injection system with PLD fuel equipment;
- turbocharged with intercooling.
Explanation of OM457LA marking
|OM||Heavy Fuel Oil (Diesel) ICE|
|457||Engine type: 6-cylinder in-line.|
|L||Charge air cooling.|