The 3.8-liter gasoline engine Hyundai-Kia G6DN or 3.8 GDi has been produced since 2018 and is currently only installed on a couple of similar Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride crossovers. The unit operates on an economical Atkinson cycle and therefore has a high compression ratio.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Palisade 1 (LX2) since 2018;
- Kia Telluride 1 (ON) since 2019.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||290 – 295|
|Torque output, Nm||355|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||96|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Palisade 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
|Weight, kg||218 (with attachments)|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G6DN engine
- So far, the main problems here are associated with the formation of carbon deposits on the intake valves.
- This is a pretty hot engine, so keep an eye on the condition of the cooling system.
- Let’s see how long the timing chains will last, the resource was modest on the predecessor.
- Do not forget about adjusting the valve clearances, as it does not have hydraulic lifters.