The 1.5-liter turbo Great Wall GW4B15D engine has been produced at the factory in China since 2021 and is currently installed only on all-wheel drive versions of the popular Jolion crossover. This power unit differs from its predecessor by a very high compression ratio of 11.8.
|Production years||since 2021|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||230|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Piston stroke, mm||82.6|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Haval Jolion 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Haval Jolion I since 2021.
Disadvantages of the Great Wall GW4B15D engine
- This engine was under a recall campaign to replace a defective lambda probe;
- Through the fault of the direct fuel injection system, the intake valves are overgrown with soot;
- On specialized forums, cases of power reduction due to a burst turbine pipe are described;
- And the owners also complain about failures in the ignition system or fuel pump failures.