The General Motors L3T 1.3-liter 3-cylinder turbo engine has been assembled in Korea since 2018 and is used in popular models such as the Chevrolet Trailblazer, Malibu and Buick Encore GX. There is a separate modification of this power unit for the Opel Astra with the F14SHT index.
E-Turbo family: LIH, L3T.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||156 – 163|
|Torque output, Nm||230 – 240|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||91|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Buick Encore GX 1 (VSS-F) since 2019;
- Buick LaCrosse 3 (P2XX) since 2019;
- Chevrolet Malibu 9 (V400) since 2018;
- Chevrolet Orlando 2 (D2XX) since 2018;
- Chevrolet Trailblazer 3 (VSS-F) since 2020.
Disadvantages of the GM L3T engine
- On specialized forums, they complain only about noise, vibrations and malfunctions of the Start-Stop system.
- Also, owners often scold the capricious EVAP gas vapor recovery system.
- Due to the presence of direct fuel injection, it suffers from deposits on the intake valves.
- Like all modern GM turbo engines, intercooler icing occurs here.