The 8-cylinder V-engine N63B40 was sold in the Chinese market, this is a smaller version of the N63B44. Due to the shorter stroke of 80 mm (3.15 in), the volume is reduced to 3982 cc (243.0 cu in).
Other modifications of N63: N63B44.
The engine was installed on:
- BMW F12/F13 650i in 2012-2015;
- BMW F01/F02 750i/750Li in 2012-2015.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||408 – 449|
|Torque output, Nm||600 – 650|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89|
|Piston stroke, mm||80|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the N63B40 engine
- First of all, this is an oil burner due to the wear of the valve stem seals and the occurrence of rings;
- The threads in the soft aluminum cylinder block are weak and the head can rise;
- Ordinary candles here very quickly fail and misfires begin;
- After a long stay, you can get a water hammer due to the overflow of piezo injectors;
- The oil supply pipes to the turbine gradually coke, which reduces their life;
- The timing mechanism with dual-VANOS and Valvetronic systems has low reliability.