The 3.2-liter Volkswagen AXZ 3.2 FSI gasoline engine was produced from 2006 to 2010 and was installed only on all-wheel drive modifications of the popular B6 Passat model. Many confuse this VR6 unit with a V6 engine of the same size that was installed on Audi.
The EA390 series includes: AXZ, BHK, BWS, CDVC, CMTA, CMVA.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||250|
|Torque output, Nm||330|
|Cylinder block||cast iron VR6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||90.9|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Passat 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Passat B6 (3C) in 2006 – 2010.
Disadvantages of the VW AXZ engine
- The main complaints of the owners are caused by the relatively high fuel consumption;
- The engine may not start in winter due to the accumulation of condensate in the exhaust system;
- A lot of problems are associated with crankcase ventilation, usually the membrane is changed here;
- Regular decarbonization is required, exhaust valves quickly become overgrown with soot;
- Ignition coils, injection pumps, timing chains and tensioners are famous for their low resource.