The 1.5-liter Toyota 3E-TE turbo engine was produced at the factory in Japan from 1986 to 1990 and was installed in the local version of the Tercel model in the back of the L30, better known as the Corolla II. This power unit is very rare and also has poor reliability.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Tercel 3 (L30) in 1986 – 1990.
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||172|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Tercel 1988)
|Engine lifespan, km||~210 000|
Disadvantages of the Toyota 3E-TE engine
- This is a fairly rare engine and you will have problems with service and spare parts;
- This unit regularly overheats and most often with burnout of the cylinder head gasket;
- From this, valve stem seals quickly tan here and lubricant consumption appears;
- The reason for the oil burner may be in the piston rings, they lie to 100,000 km;
- Also, the ignition system often fails here and valve clearances need to be adjusted.