The 3.0-liter Porsche MCT.MA turbo engine was produced by the concern only from 2014 to 2018 and was installed on the pre-styling version of the very popular Macan S crossover. A more powerful modification of this engine with its MDC.NA index was installed on the Macan GTS.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||340|
|Torque output, Nm||460|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||96|
|Piston stroke, mm||69|
|Phase regulator||on all shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Porsche Macan S 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Porsche Macan 1 (95B) in 2014 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the Porsche MCT.MA engine
- The most famous problem with turbo engines of this line is scuffing in the cylinders.
- They appear from low-quality fuel, lubrication or poor warm-up in cold weather.
- Due to detonation, destruction of pistons occurs, but they can be replaced with forged ones.
- With active driving, the timing chains stretch and begin to rattle up to 150,000 km.
- The weak points of the engine include ignition coils and pipes of the cooling system.