The 3.6-liter gasoline V6 turbo engine Porsche MCT.LA was produced from 2014 to 2018 and was installed on charged versions of the first generation Macan crossover before restyling. In some sources, this power unit appears under a slightly different index M46.35.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||400|
|Torque output, Nm||550|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||96|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Phase regulator||at intake and exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||9.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Porsche Macan Turbo 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Porsche Macan 1 (95B) in 2014 – 2018.
Disadvantages of the Porsche MCT.LA engine
- A massive problem on the power units of this series are scuffing in the cylinders.
- They appear due to poor fuel or oil, as well as with frequent overheating.
- A lot of trouble is associated with cracking plastic tubes of the cooling system.
- Closer to 150,000 km, timing chains are usually extended.
- Weak points are considered ignition coils, turbines, high pressure fuel pumps and a gasoline pump in the tank.