The 1.0-liter 3-cylinder Mitsubishi 3A90 engine has been assembled by the concern since 2012 and is installed in the sixth generation of the Mirage and its European version of the Space Star 2. This power unit has a very high compression ratio and does not tolerate bad fuel.
The engine was installed on:
- Mitsubishi Mirage 6 (A00) since 2012;
- Mitsubishi Space Star 2 (A00) since 2012.
|Production years||since 2012|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||71|
|Torque output, Nm||88|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R3|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75|
|Piston stroke, mm||75.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mitsubishi Mirage 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the Mitsubishi 3A90 engine
- This motor has a high compression ratio and is prone to detonation from bad fuel;
- Thin oil scraper rings lie about 100,000 km and oil consumption appears;
- Closer to 150,000 km, the timing chain usually changes and often together with the phase regulator;
- Weaknesses include a capricious electric throttle and a short-lived thermostat;
- There are no hydraulic lifters here and valve clearances need to be adjusted periodically.