Diesel engine K9K single row, K series – development of Renault-Nissan 2001, has 4 cylinders, 8 valves. This is an economical and inexpensive engine with a volume of 1.5 liters and a dCi injection system.
At first, the Delphi Common Rail injection system was used for the K9K engine. Then it was replaced by a newer version from Siemens. The last modification occurred when the fuel equipment from Continental was involved.
The most popular version is the 82-horsepower K9K. This version is already equipped with a turbocharging with an intercooler, and fuel is supplied at a higher pressure of 1.0-1.2 bar. Also, new generation injectors are installed.
|Also called||Type K|
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Power output, hp||60/4000
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||130/2000
|Number of cylinders||4|
|Number of valves||8|
|Piston stroke, mm||80.5|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Euro standards||Euro 3
Euro 4 (since 2004)
Euro 5 (since 2008)
Euro 6 (since 2012)
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Duster)
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30, 0W-40, 5W-40, 5W-50, 10W-40, 10W-50, 15W-40, 15W-50, 0W-30 (particulate filter), 0W-40 (particulate filter), 5W-30 (particulate filter), 5W-40 (particulate filter)|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Oil change interval, km||15000
20000 (after 2004)
30000 (after 2008)
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||90|
|Engine lifespan, km
— official information
With proper operation, the engine is reliable, as a rule, it serves properly up to a run of 150,000 km.
- A known problem with this diesel is the cranking of the crankshaft liners. Usually it occurs on a mileage of more than 150 thousand km due to a drop in the performance of the oil pump.
- The injection pump of the Delphi system eventually begins to drive metal chips, which clog the injectors, the fuel supply line and the tank. As a result, the motor starts to triple and only a complete replacement of all the above nodes helps.
- There are also enough glitches in the electrical part of the engine, most often the boost pressure and crankshaft position sensors fail.
- Turbocharging on this engine often breaks down even up to 100,000 km. This is due to the wear products of the crankshaft liners. When they hit the rotor bearing bushings, they cause it to run out, which leads to premature failure.
- Gentle injectors, especially Delphi, do not like bad fuel and quickly start making loud noises. If you drive for a long time without doing anything, a poor mixture will lead to burnout of pistons.
- Breakdowns typical for any diesel engine are failure of the EGR valve and particulate filter. The latter is so expensive that almost everyone does not change it, but cut it out.